Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Long time no post!

So much has happened since I last posted. I'll try to do some posing while the baby is napping.
So last time I posted I was showing off all my knitting. I have done much more since then.
My pregnancy with our 6th term child was getting very hard toward the end. I really thought I would go into labor early seeing as Makanah was 9 days early. I even went Black Friday shopping & I was 38 weeks pregnant. I was certain it would happen then! But no Black Friday came & went. As tired as I was I felt really good on Black Friday and was able to do everything I normally would do on BF. Shopping, Getting our Christmas Tree, unloading all the gifts. It was a great day with my Hubby :)
As my Due date crawled closer I was really worried about going overdue & having to be induced. Sure enough on my due date my Nurse midwife checked me and I wasn't even dialated! No progress! Sigh, I really didn't want to be induced. I figured this would be my last child & I wanted everything to be natural. Well on december 11th I woke up to the stomach virus. Oh man talk about discusting. An over due pregnant lady puking & crying because I was so huge, puking... Diareah. So not pretty. I spent the whole day not being able to get anything into me or keep anything down. Not even water. At the end of the day I was contracting which I figured was due to the fact I was dehydrated. I thought I was surely going into labor. So rather then make a midnight run, having to wake all the kids and such, we decided to take them to the Wilkies house and head to the hospital ourselves. We got everyone ready, all the bags packed in the truck & went to drop of the kids. We dropped them off, met Nancy at the park & Ride in Cobleskill, then preceeded to the hospital. When we got to the hospital my contractions were about 5 mins apart & pretty strong. I was checked. NO dialation!!! NONE! I was so upset. They decided just to hook me up to an IV to get me hydrated and a monitor to check my contractions. My bloodpressure was really high, as it had been the last few months, so they wanted to watch that too. So we spent the night in the hospital. Nancy in the chair & Arthur in the recliner. What a great support team I have :) Throughout the night I had random contractions that I found myself breathing through but I thought they were no big deal becuase I had harder ones earlier that resulted in nothing. In the morning the nurse midwife came in to deiscuss what we should do. My BP was still high so they wanted to induce me. I was overdue anyway. They wanted to insert Cervidel. Yikes no way. I had that once and it was terrible. So I begged to just start PIT. She told me she would check me but becuase I wasn't at all dialated just 12 hours earlier they couldn't start with PIT. They had to soften my cervix first. Well when she checked I was 2cm & soft. YAY!!! Those random contractions had done something. She said she could break my water but I told her no. I know how hard contractions get when your water is broke. We started PIT at about 9:30am. I had very mild contactions that built over time with the increases of PIT. I wanted to wait to have my water broke until I had all my antibiotics in my system, which I had to have because I was Group B Positive.
pause... the baby is hungry, I'll be back to continue

No comments:

Post a Comment