Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I want to show the world!!!

I guess, without boasting, I want to say I am so proud of my knitting. I taught myself how to knit last year around august. I decided to cloth diaper Makanah & found out that wool is a great cover. Now, now, yes I thought wool was terrible, itchy, yucky stuff that I would never want to wear. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong! I'm sure most people think that about wool We remember our moms putting a wool coat on us, or some other wool clothing item that made us very uncomfortable. So uncomfortable in fact that we could think of nothing else but getting that item off of us! Well wool, is not really like that. When it is processed & chemicalized in plants by manufacturer's, it takes on the terrible itchy feel. Alot of untreated wool is very nice & becomes even softer when washed in the right wool wash (NEVER WOOLITE!) or lanolized. Anyway...I'm on a rabbit trail :) So I wanted to learn how to knit. I bought a book and read it. Nope, not me, I'm a visual learner. So I got my pattern & youtubed it! You got it right, where the pattern said K2, I looked it up and found out what it meant & how to do it. So here we are a year later. Want to see what I can do???























And yes there are a few things I didn't take pictures of, I forgot & then they were given away as gifts. The very top photo is 100% Cotton Wash Clothes with handmade soaps as a baby shower gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment