Friday, February 11, 2011

More to the birth story...

As I said earlier I was sick on Saturday 12-11 and that is why I had gone to the hospital. On our way there Dan had called ans said he thought LeAnn's water had broke but they weren't sure. We both advised them to come in and get checked. They called the hospital, and talked to a nurse who told them unless they were sure to just stay home. If her water had broke she would go into labor. They didn't really want to take a long trip to the hospital only to be told to return home. So on Sunday after I had Dougie, they came to the hospital because LeAnn was leaking more fluid, they were pretty sure her water had indeed broken. She was 5 weeks early though by her due date so everyone was a bit concerned. Turns out her water had broken and she was admitted to the hospital. On Monday early in the morning, the Dr's had said her water was broken for 48 hours and they were going to induce her. Less then 24 hours after Dougie was born, his cousin Olivia was born. It was quite the hospital experience for me. Sure a happy time. I was elated to have just had my son & an new niece within 24 hours!!! Such a happy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment