Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why cloth for #5?

I am so thankful I stumbled across a post about cloth diapers. I was on a forum talking with my "peeps" and one of them stated how they just got a great deal on Bumgenius Cloth 3.0 Diapers. I had always thought of cloth diapers as prefolds and plastic pull up pants. That was how my grandma cloth diapered and how I had seen other ladies cloth diaper when I was growing up. I considered using those myself with my first child as a money saver but I wasn't able to have my own washer and dryer so I figured it would not work for me. Well child after child I struggled with buying diapers. I wanted to buy the best... Huggies...Pampers but couldn't afford them and so conceded to buying the cheapest I could find. I had pee leaks almost every night and when my child would poop it was a poop-splosion! Out the legs...up the back sometimes in there hair! YUCK. I was sick of it. When I heard the word Bumgenius I was on a mission. I now owned my own home, had my own washer and dryer and felt I could tackle cloth diapers. WOW was I surprised. I never knew there was such trendy cloth diapers as Bumgenius, Fuzzibunz, Kissaluvs, Happy Heiny's, Swaddlebees, Grobaby's and even way more Work at home mom designs! I had no clue there was all-in-one diapers that required almost no work, all I had to do was put it on my child and wash it when it was dirty. In January of this year we started cloth diapering our 5th child. I wish I had done it sooner. My diaper stash now consists of Bumgenius 3.0 One Size (no need to buy different sizes), Bumgenius Organics (all-in-one organic), Happy Heinys and Goodmama diapers. I love the ease of Bumgenius. They are great for an on the go family like ours. Easy to wear out, just as easy as a disposable to change, trendy and the best for the environment to boot! They are just as simple to wash. A dirty diaper goes in the diaper pail (just like a disposable), then every 2-3 days they go in the wash. 1 wash with an extra rinse and they are clean. Hang or in the dryer to dry! All ready to go on the bottom again. The diaper bag is no different to pack either. I hope that you are reading this because you are contemplating cloth diapering and I hope I have encouraged you to do so. Best of luck!

Inspire Natural Parenting Contest

No comments:

Post a Comment