Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Homegrown or storebought? Homegrown baby!



I sent Jr to our neighbors house today to give them a Christmas gift. I made Hot Chocolate and Homemade cake mix for there gift. When he came back he was carrying a dozen of fresh laid eggs, mmmm. I love fresh eggs! When I was a kid we had Rhode Island Red Hens and we got lots of eggs! We loved to search for them. Kind of like Easter everyday ;) Just to give you an idea of how much different homegrown eggs are from store bought here is a picture. Mind you my hands are very large and the egg on the left is very BIG, then next is a store bought egg and finally a small home grown egg! I feel bad for the hen that laid that very large egg, OUCH. One more thing, did you know that when a hen lays an egg she announces it! Yup, that is what all that racket is, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment